Today I am sharing one of my new favorite pasta recipes that I've tried! It's a cheesy chicken spinach pasta with an onion and chive sauce. It is SO good even my picky mother loved it when she visited! If you like a lot of sauce you can double the recipe because it kind of dries up for leftovers.
- 10 ounces pasta (we used campanelle)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (cubed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup fresh cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- ½ onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 ounces chive and onion cream cheese (half of the small Philadelphia container)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt / ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cups chopped fresh spinach
- Cook your pasta, drain, and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter on medium heat then add in the chopped onions and garlic. Cook for a few minutes to soften them.
- Throw in your pre-cooked chicken breast cubes (we used Tyson's grilled and ready)
- Add in the onion and chive cream cheese and stir to melt it. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the milk, parmesan cheese, sour cream, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Toss the chopped spinach in and continue stirring until all the ingredients are blended. Turn off the heat and add the noodles to the pan.
- Mix to coat all pasta with the sauce.
- Dig in!!