This is an easy & delicious dessert for Valentine’s Day. Who doesn’t love a dessert that involves both Chocolate Covered Strawberries & Truffles?
What you need:
- Box devil’s food cake mix
- Classic chocolate frosting
- Dark Chocolate morsels (any kind of melting dark chocolate will work)
- White Chocolate morsels (any kind of melting white chocolate will work)
- Fresh Strawberries
What to do:
- Make cake according to box and let cook.
- Cut cake in 4 pieces and place in large bowl.
- Using 2 forks crumble cake into fine pieces.
- Add half of the chocolate frosting & mix until well combined.
- Cut Strawberries so you have 24- 3/4 to 1 inch pieces.
- Grab a bit of the cake mixture and flatten in your hand. It should be no more than 2 inches wide. Place a piece of strawberry in the middle & fold the sides up. Place a bit more cake mixture on top, gently form & roll into a ball. The ball should be between 1 1/2 & 2 inches wide.
- Freeze for an hour.
- Melt the white chocolate using your preferred method. I used a double broiler. I also used about 3/4 of the bag of white chocolate morsels.
- Using a fork dip the frozen truffles into the white chocolate & place on wax or parchment paper.
- Melt 1/4 cup of the dark chocolate morsels and drizzle over the truffles.
Keep refrigerated to keep them from melting!
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.