This is an easy & delicious dessert for Valentine's Day. Who doesn't love a dessert that involves both Chocolate Covered Strawberries & Truffles?
What you need:
- Box devil's food cake mix
- Classic chocolate frosting
- Dark Chocolate morsels (any kind of melting dark chocolate will work)
- White Chocolate morsels (any kind of melting white chocolate will work)
- Fresh Strawberries
What to do:
- Make cake according to box and let cook.
- Cut cake in 4 pieces and place in large bowl.
- Using 2 forks crumble cake into fine pieces.
- Add half of the chocolate frosting & mix until well combined.
- Cut Strawberries so you have 24- ¾ to 1 inch pieces.
- Grab a bit of the cake mixture and flatten in your hand. It should be no more than 2 inches wide. Place a piece of strawberry in the middle & fold the sides up. Place a bit more cake mixture on top, gently form & roll into a ball. The ball should be between 1 ½ & 2 inches wide.
- Freeze for an hour.
- Melt the white chocolate using your preferred method. I used a double broiler. I also used about ¾ of the bag of white chocolate morsels.
- Using a fork dip the frozen truffles into the white chocolate & place on wax or parchment paper.
- Melt ¼ cup of the dark chocolate morsels and drizzle over the truffles.
Keep refrigerated to keep them from melting!