If you’re looking for a low carb option that still feels satisfying as noodles, try spaghetti squash! I make this at least 2-3 times a month and my family loves it. My 2 year old doesn’t even notice the difference ha! Although, it definitely has a crunchier texture so don’t be surprised.
- Spaghetti squash
- Olive oil
- Cookie sheet
- Tin foil/parchment paper
- Knife and fork
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Stab the spaghetti squash 5 times with a knife then microwave it whole for 5 minutes.
- Use a hot pad and take it out then cut it down the middle.
- Scoop out the seeds and extra strings.
- Rub the insides and outsides with olive oil then sprinkle with salt.
- Place open face down on a cookie sheet with tin foil or parchment paper.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the sides of the spaghetti squash are tender.
- Flip them over and let steam for a few minutes.
- Use a fork and pull the strands out.
- Top with your favorite spaghetti sauce with meat!
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.