Today my younger sister made some pretty snowflake cupcake toppers! Once she showed me how to make them, it was actually really easy to do! These are great for winter parties or even a Disney frozen inspired dessert.
- Cupcake box mix
- White chocolate
- Blue food coloring
- Buttercream frosting
Buttercream Frosting Recipe:
- 1 cup salted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 TBSP pure vanilla extract
- 3-5 TBSP heavy cream
- Soften the butter and beat it with the vanilla and heavy cream.
- Slowly add the confectioner’s sugar to the mixture.
- Beat on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
Put the melted white chocolate into a piping bag. Lay a sheet of wax paper down and make a snowflake shape. At the very ends of the snowflake put squeeze a dot.
After that, make a spider web design on the insides of the snowflake. Put the wax paper in the fridge or freezer for about 5-10 minutes for it to harden. Mix the buttercream frosting with blue food coloring and pipe it on top of the cupcakes. Carefully peel the snowflakes off the paper and stick them on the cupcakes.
There you have a beautiful cupcake to enjoy this winter!