With everything being turned into lasagna and casseroles, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and try one of my own. Fajita Lasagna is what I came up with. The outcome was absolutely delicious. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did.
Here is what you need:
- 9 soft fajita shells (3 cut in half)
- 2 c cheddar cheese
- 4-5 oz taco sauce
- 1 ½ lb beef roast or boneless skinless chicken
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1-2 yellow onions
- fajita mix
- sour cream
- ⅔ c water
- Place meat in crock pot along with water & fajita mix. Cook on high for 4 hrs. You can also cut the meat up and cook it in a frying pan as directed by the fajita mix.
- After the meat is done cooking preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut up the veggies & meat.
- Place 2 whole taco shell & 2 of the halves so that the bottom is mostly covered.
- Place half of your meat on top of the shells. Followed by half of the peppers & onions.
- Pour about 3 oz of taco sauce evenly over the peppers and onions.
- Sprinkle half a cup of cheese over top.
- Repeat once.
- Place your last 2 fajita shell & 2 halves over top. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and enjoy!