How to Make DIY Gnomes
Make these adorable little mop gnomes for Christmas! They are so expensive at the store but this little guy cost about $4 to make! You can find the mop and cone at the dollar store. We also made paintbrush gnomes using dollar store items!
I love making Dollar Tree crafts! There's no other store where you can craft for so cheap!
The strings of the mop make the perfect gnome beards. There is also a blue and white yarn mop you can use as well there.
I recommend using a hot glue gun finger protector when you glue the yarn to the styrofoam cone because I burnt mine like 4 times ha! If you want to make another craft using similar supplies, try making our foam cone christmas trees!
Watch me make this little gnome in a video below...
How to Make Mop Gnomes
- Start by cutting the strands off a mop.
- Fold them in half then measure where you want the beard to start on the foam cone. Put a dot of hot glue on and hold it for a few seconds. Continue around the whole thing.
- Pull each mop string apart (it should make 4 single strands) to make the gnome fuller.
- Push the bottom of a sock up inside of it to make the hat. Slip it on top of the cone. Tie the hanging piece with a piece of red twine.
- Hot glue the wood bead on for the nose.