This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Make some adorable nutter butter acorn cookies for fall! They would be so cute to put out at Thanksgiving or a fall baby shower!
Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- Milk chocolate morsels or chocolate almond bark about ½ cup for every 8-10 Nutter Butter cookies
- Chocolate jimmies/sprinkles
- Pretzel sticks
- Prepare a plate or baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Cut each pretzel stick into six pieces. These will be the stem of the acorn. Set aside.
- Carefully cut each Nutter Butter cookie in half using a sharp knife to create two acorn cookies from each Nutter Butter.
- In the microwave, melt the milk chocolate morsels in a small microwave-safe bowl on high in 30 second increments, stirring well between each cycle and giving special care not to overheat the candy. If the chocolate is overheated or comes in contact with water, it will seize up and be unusable.
- Dip the cut end of the Nutter Butter cookies into the melted chocolate to coat about ¼ inch of the cookie. Immediately dip in chocolate jimmies.
- Place a piece of pretzel stick into the middle of the cookie edge. You may need to shift the jimmies slightly to make space. If the pretzel piece will not stick, dip one end of the pretzel stick into the melted chocolate and attach again.
- Put the acorn cookie on the waxed paper. When all cookies are dipped and decorated, place in the refrigerator or freezer until the chocolate is set.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Placing in the refrigerator may cause the cookie to soften.