Here's an easy, hearty, one-pot meal to make for the family! It is creamy and delicious to make for dinner or lunch time!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 5-6 servings
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 3 ½ cups macaroni
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 3 cups whole milk + a little more (if its not creamy enough)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (+ ½ cup for garnish)
- 4-6 oz of American cheese
- In a large pot, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, stirring. Remove from the pot and drain on paper towel to soak up excess grease.
- To the same pot add the beef, season with salt, garlic powder and onion powder; cooking over medium high heat until browned. Drain any excess liquid and place back in the pot.
- To the pot add the macaroni, broth, milk, salt and pepper; allow to cook on medium-low heat covered and stirring often until pasta is tender and almost all of the liquid is absorbed. If need be add additional milk as this will help your dish stay nice and creamy. To the pot stir in the cheddar and American cheese until creamy.
- Serve in a bowl garnish with additional cheese and previously cooked bacon.