How to Make Heart Hot Air Balloon Valentines
I love paper bag crafts and the bags worked perfectly for our heart hot air balloon! It's a really cute Valentine's day craft for kids to make on a budget.
I think they would look so cute if you glued a string on the back and hung them all over the classroom or your home! Download the heart template here to print.
Paper Bag Heart Air Balloon Craft
- Heart Template
- Cardstock - red pink
- Brown paper lunch bag
- Brown marker
- Glue stick
- Begin by printing the heart template.
- Trace the template on the color heart of choice. Cut out. You will need 3 hearts.
- Fold each of the hearts in half.
- Glue one side of one folded heart to the side of another heart. Repeat for all 3.
- Unfold the hearts and you should now have a 3D heart.
- Now, cut a paper bag in roughly half. Keep the half with the flap.
- Cut the bag into a basket shape, leaving two sides and cutting out the rest under the flap.
- Next, use the brown marker to make a basket weave pattern on the paper bag.
- Finally, glue the hearts to the basket.