For St. Patrick’s Day, decorate some oreos as pot of gold!! The kids will get a kick out of these for a St. Patrick’s Day party or gift bags!
Makes 12 Oreo’s
- 1 package of double stuffed Oreo’s
- 2 bags of 8oz Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1 bag of wilton gold cake sequin sprinkles
- 1 package of Air Head Extreme rainbow berry sour candy
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- 1 water bottle
- Place the water bottle into the freezer for about 30 minutes
- Using a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate wafers
- Once melted and mixed till smooth, dip a Oreo into the chocolate
- Using a fork, flip over the Oreo so that it becomes fully coated
- Carefully pick it up using the fork and lightly tap the edge of the pot to get ride of the excess chocolate
- Place Oreo onto the cookie sheet and finish dipping the rest of the Oreo’s
- Allow the Oreo’s to completely dry before cutting off the top and bottom of the Oreo
- Once the chocolate covered Oreo is completely hard carefully pick it up off the parchment paper
- Place Oreo onto a cutting board and cut off the top and bottom of the Oreo to kind of square it off.
- Dip the bottom or the Oreo into the chocolate and lightly shake off excess
- Place the Oreo standing up onto the parchment paper
- Repeat step with remaining Oreos
- Once the bottoms have hardened, slightly dip the top of the Oreo into the melted chocolate
- Carefully place the gold sequin sprinkle on the top where the melted chocolate is
- Using tweezers, carefully dip the back of the gold sequin into the chocolate to act as a glue and place onto the gold sequins that are already on the oreo
- Randomly place more sequins throughout the already placed gold sequins. Place more onto the center on the top and build up to make it look like a full pot of gold
- Take the airhead candy and cut each strip into 1/3rd piece
- Using a knife, spread on some chocolate onto the bottom of the candy to act as a glue
- Pull out the water bottle and place onto the cookie sheet
- Place the candy, chocolate part, onto the back of the Oreo
- Place the Oreo against the water bottle to help secure the candy piece so that it wont fall off the Oreo. The water bottle will be cold enough to quickly harden the chocolate on the candy
- Repeat steps with remaining Oreos
- Once all done with the decorating, enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.