This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure Policy.
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
Serves – 4 to 6
- 2 lbs. of Stew Cut Beef
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup of Cornstarch
- ¼ cup of Canola or Vegetables Oil
- 16 oz. box of Cremini Mushroom, thickly sliced
- 1 medium sized Onion, diced
- 4 fat cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon of dried Thyme
- 2 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoon of Butter
- 2½ cups of Beef Stock
- 12 oz. packet of Wide Egg Noodle
- ½ cup of Sour Cream
- Handful of fresh Parsley
- Season the beef liberally with salt and pepper. Toss the beef in cornstarch.
- Turn the Instant Pot on the ‘Sauté’ mode. Let the Pot heat up for 4 to 5 minutes or until the display shows ‘HOT’.
- Add half of the oil. It should shimmer.
- In batches, add the cornstarch coated beef pieces to the hot oil and let it sear for 2-3 minutes a side. Transfer the seared beef pieces in to a clean plate. Add more oil and continue searing the rest of the meat.
- After the beef pieces are seared, add the butter to the Instant Pot.
- Add the onion and the minced garlic and sauté till the onions are translucent.
- Add the dried thyme and the Worcestershire sauce. Mix it well.
- Next add the sliced mushroom and give it a good toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the seared beef pieces to the Instant Pot and add the beef stock.
- Give it a good mix, scraping off the brown bits of meat stuck at the bottom of the pan.
- Turn off “Sauté” mode. Put the lid on, making sure that the pressure valve is in the “Sealing” position.
- Select the “Pressure Cook” mode. Adjust the time, with the “- / +” to 15 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps, let the pressure release the natural way for 5 minutes and then using a thick tea towel, turn the pressure valve to “Venting” position to do the quick release.
- Open the lid and add the noodles. Stir everything together.
- Put the lid back on and make sure that the pressure valve is back to the “Sealing” position.
- Select the “Pressure Cook” mode. Adjust the time, with the “- / +” to 5 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps, let the pressure release the natural way for 2 minutes and then using a thick tea towel, turn the pressure valve to “Venting” position to do the quick release.
- Open the lid and stir in the sour cream.
- Add a handful of chopped fresh parsley and give it a good stir.
- Serve immediately with snips of more fresh parsley.
- Because we coated the beef in corn starch, it thickens the Stroganoff naturally. Also the starch from the noodles and the sour cream at the end, makes a creamy and saucy gravy. However if there too much liquid or gravy to your liking add a cornstarch slurry (2 teaspoon of cornstarch mixed with a tablespoon of water) and let it simmer for a couple of minutes to thicken.