This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
If you love girl scout cookies...you NEED to make these copycat tagalong cookies using RITZ CRACKERS! They are so addicting you won't be able to stop eating them, sorry.
Ritz Tagalong Cookies
Yield: 24 cookies
- 24 Ritz crackers
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon solid shortening
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Place the Ritz crackers on the lined pan, in a single layer.
- Spread a generous helping of peanut butter on top of each cracker, smoothing it out with a spatula or butter knife. Set aside.
- Add the shortening to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 35 seconds to melt. Remove from microwave.
- Add the chocolate chips to the melted shortening and stir. Place in the microwave and heat on HIGH for 45 seconds or until completely melted. Remove from microwave and stir.
- Place a peanut butter-topped cracker on top of a fork and slowly submerge it into the melted chocolate to get the bottom of the cracker completely covered with chocolate. Then take a few spoon fulls of the melted chocolate and drizzle it all over the top of the cookie (the peanut butter part). Place on the lined baking sheet and repeat until all of the crackers are coated with chocolate.
- Chill the cookies in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to completely harden.
- Remove from refrigerator and ENJOY!!