Make some adorable and tasty Valentine muddy buddies for a sweet treat! Bag them up with bows for gifts!
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
Valentine Muddy Buddies
- 1/2 cup white candy melts
- 1/2 cup pink candy melts
- 1/2 cup red candy melts
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon shortening
- 3 cup Chex cereal
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- Melt 1/2 cup of one color of candy melts in the microwave, heating for 25 seconds, then stirring, and reheating as needed until smooth.
- Stir in 1/2 Tablespoon of shortening, and then 1 cup of Chex cereal.
- Stir to coat the Chex cereal completely.
- Place one third of the powdered sugar (about 3 Tablespoons) into a ziplock bag and add the candy-coated Chex. Close the bag and give it a good shake for one or two minutes.
- The candy won't be completely sugar-coated since we want the color to stand out, so the pieces will stick together a bit. Try to space them out on a cookie sheet to dry.
- Repeat this process with the other two colors of candy melts.
- Let dry for at least one hour - avoid the temptation to put this in the fridge as that will cause the candy to sweat when it is returned to room temperature.
Makes 3 cups, which is plenty for 6 people as this is super sweet!
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.