This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Make some adorable and tasty Valentine muddy buddies for a sweet treat! Bag them up with bows for gifts!
Valentine Muddy Buddies
- ½ cup white candy melts
- ½ cup pink candy melts
- ½ cup red candy melts
- 1 ½ Tablespoon shortening
- 3 cup Chex cereal
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- Melt ½ cup of one color of candy melts in the microwave, heating for 25 seconds, then stirring, and reheating as needed until smooth.
- Stir in ½ Tablespoon of shortening, and then 1 cup of Chex cereal.
- Stir to coat the Chex cereal completely.
- Place one third of the powdered sugar (about 3 Tablespoons) into a ziplock bag and add the candy-coated Chex. Close the bag and give it a good shake for one or two minutes.
- The candy won't be completely sugar-coated since we want the color to stand out, so the pieces will stick together a bit. Try to space them out on a cookie sheet to dry.
- Repeat this process with the other two colors of candy melts.
- Let dry for at least one hour - avoid the temptation to put this in the fridge as that will cause the candy to sweat when it is returned to room temperature.
Makes 3 cups, which is plenty for 6 people as this is super sweet!