I bought a pack of tiny wood slices from the craft store and just had to make some snowmen ornaments! They turned out so cute, the only downside is that gluing to wood takes TIME and patience! Hot glue did not work but the E6000 glue worked like a charm. I let dry overnight to be sure.
Here’s a video of me making it…
Wood Slice Snowmen Ornaments
- 3 Different sized wood slices
- 3 Buttons
- Popsicle Stick
- E6000 Glue
- Black/orange sharpie
- Line your wood slices from smallest to biggest. Put the E6000 glue on the back of a popsicle stick and press onto the wood.
- Put a glob of glue on top and stick your twine. Let dry (this can take hours/a day but will make sure they last!)
- Flip over and glue on the buttons.
- Cut a strip of a scarf and wrap around the snowman's neck and tie. Cut snips at the end to make a fray.
- Draw on the snowman's face with black and orange sharpie.
- Add a cardstock paper or fabric hat and you're done!
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.