My recipe contributor made this AMAZING looking meal today ~ 3-cheese lasagna roll-ups with sausage! I love her twist on the meat but you can always substitute it for ground beef/hamburger. She said “WARNING: These are amazingly tasty. Both of my boys inhaled them for both dinner last night, and lunch this morning. I am pretty happy with what I came up with on this one.” I have been dying to try these so i’m excited!
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 lb sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Red Pepper Flake, taste
- 2 cups Ricotta
- 2 cups mozzarella (Plus more for topping, about 1 cup)
- 1 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown sausage and break up into small pieces, then cook onion until tender. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more, and season with red pepper flakes to taste. A pinch will keep it mild enough for kids, but adds a really lovely layer of flavor.
- Mix together the ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, parsley and 2 eggs in a large bowl. Season this generously with salt and pepper.
- Lay out the lasagna noodles and top generously with cheese and sausage, leaving a 1 inch border at either end.
- Roll them up and lay them in a 13×9 baking dish that has a layer of sauce on the bottom.
- Cover the lasagna rolls with the rest of the sauce and mozzarella cheese, and bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and put under the broiler until cheese is starting to brown and melted. Top with fresh basil, if desired.
The mix of the cheeses, the slight spice in the sausage, and the fresh herbs really make this a perfectly balanced dish!Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.