Make some cherry coke jello shots this summer! They are delicious and adorable!
Yields: 2 dozen
2 (12 count) silicone mini muffin pans (Amazon link below)
BOTTOM LAYER INGREDIENTS
- 1 (3 oz) box black cherry JELL-O gelatin
- 1 1/4 cups Coca-Cola soda
- 3/4 cups cherry vodka – chilled
TOP LAYER INGREDIENTS
- 1 (3 oz) box cherry JELL-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup grenadine or maraschino cherry juice
- 3/4 cup cherry vodka – chilled
- 24 cherries with stems (I used bing cherries but you can also use maraschino cherries)
DIRECTIONS FOR BOTTOM LAYER
1. Pour the Coca-Cola into a medium sauce pan. Heat under medium heat for 10 minutes. Do not allow the soda to boil. Remove from heat.
2. Add the contents of the black cherry Jell-O box to a large mixing bowl. Pour the hot Coca-Cola on top and whisk vigorously until the gelatin is dissolved.
3. Add the chilled vodka and stir well. Pour into each mini muffin mold, filling halfway.
4. Place the silicone molds on top of a baking sheet and chill for 2 hours.
DIRECTIONS FOR TOP LAYER
1. Remove the silicone molds from the refrigerator once the bottom layer of gelatin is completely set. Cut off the bottom of each cherry and place in the molds, on top of the bottom jello layer. Set aside.
2. Add the contents of the cherry Jell-O box to a large mixing bowl. Pour the boiling water on top and whisk vigorously until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
3. Add the grenadine syrup and chilled vodka. Stir well.
4. Pour the cherry gelatin mixture on top of the bottom layer, filling up to the top of each mold. The cherries should stay in place and become fixed in the Jell-O, once hardened.
3. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
4. To remove the Jell-O shots, take a toothpick all around the diameter of each mold and gently pop out each cherry coke Jell-O shot and place on a serving tray.
5. ENJOY!Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.