Make these gorgeous meringue heart cookies for a Valentine’s Day treat or to give as little gifts!
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
Heart Meringue Cookies
- 4 egg whites room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- Red gel food coloring
- Red sprinkles
- 1 M Wilton piping tip
- Parchment paper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs on medium speed. Add lemon juice.
- Gradually increase the speed to high and keep mixing while slowly adding sugar.
- Once your mixture is and forms stiff peaks, add one small drop of gel food coloring.
- Attach your 1M Wilton tip to a piping bag and draw out a heart outline on your lined baking sheet. Then, fill each one in.
- Garnish with red sprinkles.
- Bake for two hours. Once two hours has set turn off heat and let sit in the oven for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.