This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Here's a fun activity to do with your kids who are learning to write their alphabet! You can use almost anything for this!
Alphabet Writing in Rice Activity
- Pour a thin layer of rice into your container. If you pour too much rice, your child won’t be able to form letters in the rice.
- Print out the alphabet cards and cut each page in half.
- Have your child form letters in the rice using the alphabet cards as a guide.
- You can mix the activity up by placing the cards underneath the rice and trying to trace the letters this way.
- If you are using a clear container you can put the letter underneath where they can still see its form.
Tips: You can change the activity up by drawing faces or shapes into the rice or using other tools to form the letters like a spoon or straw.