Here's one of my favorite desserts to make for the summer time...banana cream poke cake! It is so easy to make and is always a crowd pleaser.
- ⅓ of a box of Vanilla wafers
- 2 boxes of instant banana cream pudding (3.4 oz)
- Cool whip (8oz)
- Yellow cake mix
- Prepare the yellow cake mix and bake in a 9x13 cake pan. Once it cools for 5 minutes, use the end of a whisk or wooden spoon to poke holes in straight lines in the cake.
- Make the 2 boxes of pudding (using 4 cups of milk) making sure the lumps are gone. After 1-2 minutes, pour the pudding all over the top of the cake. Use a spatula and smooth it out so that the pudding falls into the holes. Spread evenly.
- Put the cake in the refrigerator to completely cool for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Spread cool whip over the whole cake.
- Crush up the nilla wafers in a baggie (we used a rolling pin) and pour over the cake when you are about to serve. If you do it prior, they won't be as crunchy.
- Top with fresh sliced banana pieces and serve!
We used our metal whisk to make big holes that went through to the bottom!
Pour your pudding over the holes (we waited a little too long so the pudding was pretty thick)