I love love love how this cake turned out. It is a lot easier than it looks. I was completely terrified going into this, thinking I was in over my head. I wasn’t…and you won’t be either! I made this Monster Book of Monsters Cake for my twins’ Harry Potter Themed Birthday Party. It was a definite hit at the party!!!
You will need:
- Milk chocolate frosting
- Vanilla frosting
- Box of cake mix (your choice)
- Goofy teeth
- 4 yellow gumballs
- Yellow food coloring
- 1 cherry airhead
- Cake decorating tips (ruffle, boarder, & lettering)
- Black permanent marker
Next you need to:
- Bake the cake according to directions. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Remove from baking dish & allow to finish cooling.
- Spread a thin layer of vanilla frosting over the entire cake. This will catch all your crumbs.
- Spread a think layer of frosting along the 2 shorter sides & 1 of the longer sides. Run a serrated knife along the icing to give the look of pages.
- Using the boarder time make short overlapping lines on the top of the cake & the remaining side.
- Use the marker to draw long snake like pupils onto the gumballs & place on top of the cake.
- Using the ruffle tip add some longer “hair” up over the eyes, hanging down over the “pages”, & along the bottom of cake.
- Cut a triangle out of the airhead. Place into the “pages” along with the teeth.
- Add yellow food color to the vanilla icing. Using the lettering tip write out “The Monster Book of Monsters” on the cake.
This cake looks so neat!!!!!
Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.