Make some fun root beer float jello shots! A fun summer recipe for a BBQ or party!
Yields: 1 dozen
12 (2 oz) plastic soufflé cups
4 red and white straws – cut into thirds
1 cup root beer soda
2 envelopes Knox unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup whipped vodka – chilled
1/4 cup vanilla vodka – chilled
1/4 cup cold water
Whipped cream, for garnish
12 maraschino cherries, for garnish
1. Pour the root beer soda into a medium saucepan. Place on the
stove and heat under medium heat for 10 minutes. Do not allow the root
beer to boil. Remove from heat.
2. Sprinkle the gelatin packets on top of the soda and whisk
vigorously until the gelatin is dissolved.
3. Add both chilled vodkas and cold water and stir well.
4. Pour the gelatin mixture into the plastic soufflé cups, filling
each cup 3/4 of the way. You want to make sure you leave room for the
whipped cream and cherries.
5. Place the filled plastic soufflé cups on a large baking sheet
and chill for 5 minutes until the gelatin is soft set (it doesn’t take
6. Once the gelatin is soft set, remove from the refrigerator and
insert a straw into each Jell-O shot cup. Return to the refrigerator
and chill for at least 4 hours.
7. Before serving, add whipped cream and a maraschino cherry to
each root beer float Jell-O shot.
8. ENJOY!Make sure to follow Crafty Morning on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :)
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.