Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Serves 8 servings; about 3 cups
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes or roma tomatoes; chopped in quarters
- 1 jalapeno, deveined, seeded and chopped (if you prefer spicy leave the vein and seeds in)
- ¼ cup of red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Juice of half of a lime
- Add all the ingredients to your food processor bowl, pulsing about 8-10 times until the ingredients are uniformed in size; remember the longer you pulse the more liquidy the salsa gets.
- As always taste your product and adjust the seasoning to your liking
- Transfer to your preferred dish and enjoy with chips or on an entrée.
*It's best if you do this a day ahead to allow the flavors to mingle; the salsa will keep fresh for 5 days to a week in an airtight container.