Make some fun unicorn cheesecake bars for a birthday party or just for fun! I love the bright colors.
Sugar cookie Ingredients:
- 1/2 c unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Rainbow Nonpareil’s
- 9×13 baking dish fitted with parchment paper
- 3 8oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 C sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 C sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Light green, Light Blue, Hot Pink, Yellow, Purple, and Orange Nonpareil’s (bought from Michaels craft stores)
- Purple, Pink, and Blue gel color
Sugar cookie dough directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pour all the nonpareils into a bowl and mix until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients all at once and mix for 5 seconds.
- Mix the dough until the flour is incorporated.
- Mix in 1/4 C of the nonpareil’s into the cookie dough
- Using 3/4 of the dough, flatten dough onto the bottom of the baking dish and set aside
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the cream cheese and sugar
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat until combined before adding the next egg.
- Now stir in the sour cream and vanilla
- Mix until combined.
- Split batter into 3 bowls and add a few drops of each color into a bowl
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of each color onto the cookie dough
- Using the remaining cookie dough, crumble it on top of the cheesecake batter and sprinkle some more of the nonpareil’s
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Once timer goes off, turn off the oven and crack the oven door open.
- Let cool in the oven for 1 hour
- Place the bars into the fridge to cool for a few more hours or overnight before enjoying.
This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.