One of my husbands favorite recipe that I make is white chicken enchiladas! Whenever I ask what he wants, this is the normal request. I thought I would share with you all the recipe so you can try it too! It's pretty easy and doesn't take much prep if you already have cooked chicken to work with. He actually helped make them today and I was pretty impressed with his photo taking skills too! ;) This can also be called Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Casserole! Another favorite to try is our Philly Cheesesteak Enchiladas!
Don't they look yummy?! They are!
Mix the shredded chicken with a cup of cheese. I like to run the chicken under cold water first so the cheese won't start to melt.
Make the sauce mixture on the stove so it gets thick and bubbly. Pour the sauce on top of them, making sure it gets around the edges too!
Bake for 20-25 minutes at 425 degrees in the oven. You can turn on the broiler at the end to get the cheese more golden brown and crispier.
White Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas soft shell
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 4 oz can of diced green chiles
- 2 cups shredded chicken about 1 big chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook/shred your chicken breast and mix it with 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Lay 8 tortillas out and fill each one with the chicken mixture making sure they are all even. Roll them up tightly and put them in a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and add in the 3 tbsp of flour. Mix and cook for about one minute.
- Add in the 2 cups of chicken broth, whisking until it’s a smooth consistency. Whisk over medium heat until it is thick and creamy (usually takes about 5-8 minutes).
- Mix in the sour cream, salt/pepper, and the can of chiles to the pan.
- Pour the creamy sauce over the rolled up tortillas evenly.
- Add 1 cup of the cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Add salsa or cilantro and you’re ready to eat!